There are several ways to help…
As a volunteer
- Join us on certain mornings during migration seasons to walk downtown and rescue injured birds and collect deceased birds. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Get the iNaturalist app for your smartphone and report bird collisions to the Lights Out Cincinnati project.
- If you find an injured or dead bird, please click here for more information.
As a homeowner
- Reduce lighting outside your home and keep blinds closed at night during Spring and Fall migration seasons.
- Incorporate a bird-safe window program where possible. Some great ideas can be found here.
As a building owner/manager
- Enroll your building in Lights Out Cincinnati, and pledge to reduce exterior and upper-level interior lighting during Spring and Fall migration seasons. To submit a building enrollment form, click here.
- Encourage neighboring buildings to enroll.
- Incorporate a bird-safe window program where possible. Click here for more information.
Click on the flyer below to download a copy for your building’s lobby and elevators: